Our number 1 big disease Cancer, cannot grow without inflammation and then in fact, disease in general can’t thrive without excess inflammation!
There are two pathways to heal
Primary pain in our body we don’t necessarily feel or may not be aware of it. By the time secondary pain kicks in we know we have a more serious dis-ease within the body.
Things to eliminate and eradicate from your life to reduce inflammation
- Mental Stress
- Artificial Sweeteners
- High amounts of caffeine
- Processed food
- Trans Fats
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids
- Alcohol – You booze you lose.
- Lack of sleep
Some lifestyle choices to add in and adopt to be the fullest expression of who you are
- Get great sleep. Our bodies heal and rebuild themselves when we get good quality sleep.
- Gut Health. Our micro-biome in our intestines is a key factor in the quality of our health, from our immune system, brain function and wellbeing.
- Nutrition. The quality of food or “information” we put into our bodies determines the quality of bodies.
- Exercise. We are a living, moving organism within and we need to assist our bodies with regular movement so it doesn’t stagnate. Gentle movement like Tai Chi, Yoga and Qui Gong
- Inflammation busting foods. Omega 3’s found in Salmon, Oysters, nuts and seeds. Greens - get a variety of greens in your. Either eat them, juice them, your body will love you. Healthy fats - avocados and nuts, quality proteins, plastered eggs and bone broth. Organic fruits and vegetables (pesticide free - pesticides cause inflammation).
- Hydration. The human body is largely made of water and our bodies use water like our lungs use air. Hydration is keeping our bodies functioning at its optimal best.
- Essential minerals. Magnesium is fantastic for gut health and aiding in detoxification by relaxing muscles in GI to assist with ease in bowel movements. Have it topically by soaking in an Epson salt bath or ingest it through spinach, green leafy veg, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeks, cacao powder and quinoa.
- Essential Oils. Frankincense, Peppermint and Lavender - 3 powerful soothers.
- Infrared Sauna. This will help stimulate and grow your bodies mitochondria (The powerhouses of our cells. They take in the nutrients that we feed our bodies and create energy rich molecules to build our bodies from within) and detoxify and eliminate toxins and heavy metals within the body.
- Herbs & Spice: Ginger, Rosemary, Sage, Cayenne, Turmeric, Matcha Green Tea
- Intermittent fasting. By getting into a state of mild ketosis will aid your bodies repair process.
- Cryotherapy. Our red blood cells are enriched with oxygen, nutrients and enzymes while flushing toxins. More blood gets pumped to internal organs.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT). Breath in 100% oxygen while under increased atmospheric pressure. This increases oxygen concentration in all body tissues, stimulates the growth of health new blood vessels and increases your white blood cell count to aid in treating inflammation.
- Acupuncture. A 5 thousand year old practice to stimulate brain and energy meridians to trigger the body and brains natural ability to heal itself.
Pain is a good thing. It reminds us that we are truly alive and with life comes choice and we all have the choice to live our very best life pain free.
It’s like a warning light telling us that something is going on. Pain is a manifestation of something deeper. By asking ourselves an honest question in a moment of pain allows us to really acknowledge it so we can then take actions to make change in our lives.