Here are your 10 'kwik' ways to love your brain
1) Good Brain Diet – Eat a balanced diet that is higher in vegetables to help reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
2) Reduce Negative Thoughts - Your mind is always eavesdropping on your self-talk, so keep it empowering and positive!
3) Exercise – Engage in regular exercise that elevates your heart rate and increases blood flow to the brain and body. Several studies have found an association between physical activity and reduced risk of cognitive decline.
4) Brain Nutrients - If you are not getting all your nutrition from your diet and busy lifestyle, consider adding the key brain nutrients like Omega 3’s, B vitamins, etc through supplementation.
5) Positive Peer Group - Buddy Up. Staying socially engaged may support brain health. Find ways to be around people that inspire, challenge and you can learn from. As they say, “if you are the smartest one in the room, you are in the wrong room!”
6) Clean Environment – Take time to organize your surroundings. A reminder to stay away from environmental hazards, such as smoke. Smoking increases the risk of cognitive decline. And quitting smoking can reduce risk to levels comparable to those who have not smoked.
7) Catch Some Zzz’s – Not getting enough sleep can result in problems with memory, focus, and thinking.
8) Brain Protection - Head injuries can raise the risk of cognitive decline and dementia. Wear a seatbelt and use a helmet when playing contact sports or riding a bike.
9) New Learnings – Hit the books. Keeping your brain active will help reduce the risk of cognitive decline and dementia. Take a class online.
10) Stress Management - Anxiety puts you into fight or flight mode, which is not the ideal state to study, learn, or remember in. Chronic stress is bad for your brain.
11) Bonus tip - Learn How To Learn. One of the greatest things you can do for yourself (and your brain) is to show it what is really possible. If you want a better memory or feel overloaded with too much to read, I can help you and your family fix your mental frustration, fog, and fatigue. Even your forgetfulness.
And when these challenges disappear, you have a new sense of positivity and peace of mind. You will enjoy a focused productivity and accomplish more easily each day.